Decisioning Solutions is looking for a Java / J2EE Development Manager:
As a key team member, the Java / J2EE Development Manager is responsible for managing and facilitating day-to-day operations within the Development team as well as the interactions of the Development team with other areas. The individual must exhibit extremely broad knowledge of relevant software, hardware, and processes and demonstrate outstanding problem-solving abilities. The candidate must also have proven experience in an equivalent position with lauded organizational and managerial abilities. Exceptional communication and interpersonal relation skills are a must.
- Managing the Java Developer team
- Overlooking the System Administration team
- Assistance in IT Hiring and Resource Review / Development
- Reviewing and approving major designs of the Solution Architect
- Monitoring IT resource allocation to the projects and PMO
- Representing the technology within the Sales process
- Providing technical advice and answers to the senior management
- Managing the Research (SRED) tax claims
- Escalation point for all things technical (design, systems, support, etc)
- Continuously improving and policing processes (intra and inter team)
- Managing and monitoring security policies and practices
- Managing and monitoring SLA adherence
The location’s a good one; the 21st and 22nd floors of the HBC tower at Yonge and Bloor is both central and appealing, with good shops and restaurants nearby. An ‘industry-leading compensation package’ sounds good, although you’d have to talk to them to find out if you agree with their characterization. It sounds like the work itself could be challenging.
Some companies are good at distilling what they do in a very accessible way. Decisioning Solutions’ site reminds me a little of Exchange Solutions’, in that while they provide a lot of detail about what they do, it doesn’t seem very accessible to the uninitiated.
What’s the industry-leading nature of the compensation package. What process do they employ? What’s the size and composition of the team(s) you’d be managing. What goals would you have? What’s the organizational structure look like, and where do you fit?
Your mileage may vary when it comes to spending your days ‘maximizing customer value’, ‘maximizing customer acquisition efficiency’ or the other things that Decisioning Solutions does. Some people are looking for something more like a consumer web 2.0 product or a health-care solution that could help save lives. Then again, Decisioning Solutions seems to be a growing company in a market that might do well even in a downturn, so for some, this may be just what you’re looking for.
If you’ve got experience as a development manager and you’d like to maximize customer value at Yonge and Bloor for industry-leading compensation, you might consider talking to Decisioning Solutions to see if it’s a good fit.