Toronto Rehab is looking for a Technical Specialist for their Shared Information Management Services (SIMS) , and their requirements have really triggered my curiosity:
- Extensive database transaction-processing experience.
- Informix, Ruby on Rails, Oracle, Sybase or MUMPS (?!)
- Unix, Windows or Novell (?!)
- Java / .NET
- Extensive use of computers, software and peripherals, including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Experience with computer hardware/software vendor processing? (Soylent green is made of vendors, apparently).
And, from the sounds of things, the goal of this position is to migrate an HP-UX/Informix project to “current technologies”, whatever that means given the above list.
Toronto Rehab sounds like a somewhat interesting organization:
Toronto Rehab is Canada’s largest rehabilitation hospital and the University of Toronto’s fully affiliated and specialized teaching hospital dedicated to adult rehabilitation and complex continuing care. We are at the forefront of one of the most important and emerging frontiers in health care today — rehabilitation science.
But I’m not sure that’s enough to get me through the job posting, which has left me pretty thoroughly baffled as to who and what they’re really looking for.