The Higher Colleges of Technology in Abu Dhabi, UAE are looking for a Chief Information Officer (CIO):
Lead IT strategic and operational planning by collaborating with all stakeholders to foster innovation, prioritize IT initiatives, and coordinate the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the HCT
· Identify opportunities and provide advice for the appropriate and cost effective investment in IT systems and resources including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development
· Ensure continuous and high quality delivery of IT services by monitoring IT performance
· Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of HCT
· Oversee the development, promotion, and implementation of training programs to develop staff and enable them to productively use IT tools and provide efficient user support
· Develop, track, and control the IT annual operating and capital budgets
· Prepare proposals for the definition of HCT’s policies and standards for IT
· In consultation with functional teams, implement new services and effective re-engineering of HCT’s processes where necessary
Competitive tax-free salary, 44 working days of paid annual vacation, unfurnished accommodation, relocation allowance, tuition assistance for dependent children, annual air tickets to country of origin for employee and dependents, contract completion bonus … and much more!
This is obviously a little far afield from Toronto, but since they’ve posted in Toronto and they’re willing to pay relocation, plus a tax-free salary from $125k-$199k and other benefits, it’s the sort of interesting offer that many of you would be interested to read about but most of you wouldn’t be willing to take, even if you had the experience they’re looking for. As a result, I’m not going to do a full writeup.