Brainhunter is helping an unspecified company look for an Eclipse Tooling Developer to help them work on the C Development Tools:
- Use C & C++
- Use Eclipse Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Test Eclipse ImplementationThe primary skill sought is Eclipse Tooling development creating Eclipse plug-in. Usage of Eclipse for application development is not sufficient.
The successful candidate will be working on a team enhancing the open source C/C++ Development Tools project in areas of interest to IBM products and technologies.
Working on Eclipse and the CDT is a pretty niche area, so if that’s something that interests you, there aren’t a lot of options. Basically, the interest here is the technology. There may be other ‘good’ points about the job, but they’re not visible from this information-sparse posting.
There’s really not enough information here to do much more than trigger interest in possibly working on the CDT:
- Who would you be working for?
- What would you be working on extending the CDT to do, and what does that have to do with Servlets?
- Where would you be working?
- What kind of compensation would there be?
- Would you be on a team, or by yourself?
Not everyone has both the Java and the C chops (or interest) required to work on the CDT. Your mileage may also vary when it comes to this kind of low-info recruiter posting.
If you’re interested in doing Eclipse extensions and/or working on the CDT, there aren’t that many chances to do so, so it’s worth trying to find out more.