The Mergis Group is helping Mackenzie look for a Career Centre Manager, Systems Architecture:
Mackenzie Information Services (MIS) is part of the Information Services (IS) Organization that provides information technology solutions and support to Mackenzie Financial, Investors Group, and Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life. The career centre structure supplies skilled practitioners to the IS organization. At MIS, there are five career centre information technology disciplines: Project Management, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Software Development and Corporate Technology Specialists.
- People leadership responsibilities including hiring, coaching, performance management, and training plans.
- Matching work assignments to staff skills or developmental opportunities
- Managing the development and deployment of Systems Architecture best practices
- Managing relationships with external vendors to contract high quality external staff to augment internal staff as required
- Managing overall operations of the career centre including accountability for the budget, compensation management for staff, development and execution of an operational plan, development and execution of an annual training plan
- Active member of the IS Management Team and contributing to the growth of the entire IS Division
The public posting I found was posted in January, but the Mergis Group has a recent version of the same on higherbracket.ca.
A pretty senior role. Possibly too senior for some who’d like to spend more time working with technology.
Although they claim good compensation, there aren’t very many specifics. It looks to be senior enough that there may be less technology, mostly management, which may or may not be good depending on your own feelings. A greater understanding of the location would be nice. I don’t get a strong sense for what the role will be like on a day-to-day basis, but I don’t think this is a case where more information about ‘the project’ is necessary, it’s just something that will require discussion with Mackenzie during the recruiting process.
Mostly, I think this one depends on what you’re looking for. If you have management experience and you’re looking to move into a full management role, this might be a good position for you.