Jobs of interest:
- Bell Canada is looking for an Associate Director, Technical Architect – basically somone with security expertise. I’m sure it’s pretty corporate, but otherwise looks vaguely interesting.
- System Core does a good posting (Java/J2EE team leader), but I know someone who talked to them, and they’re online gaming (aka gambling), which many people take issue with, as a job. And, knowing someone who used to work in that industry, I’m not sure that I’d be happy with it.
- I’ve heard good things about Deloitte as a place to work, so although their Senior Consultant, J2EE or .NET doesn’t leap out at me in other respects (in particular, it looks like a “make sales, not software” position), it mightn’t be a bad choice.
- Both datalist and nexstaff seem to be advertising the same position for a Project Lead / Development Manager. Distributed development and PowerBuilder may be bad signs, but the pay looks decent.
- W5 has this Development Manager position (which I believe is for Sigma Systems, which seems interesting because it seems as if the development manager here would also be in charge of the quality process, which is a little unusual (although I’m not necessarily disagreeing).